A big way you can help and support Oligo Nation and oligodendroglioma research is by creating a Facebook Fundraiser. Last year alone, over $70,000 was rasied through Facebook Fundraisers! These Facebook Fundraisers generated more than 1,000 donations in 2021! As an IRS approved non-profit, you can create a personal fundraiser on Facebook that benefits Oligo Nation. And Facebook doesn’t take a cut, so 100% goes to Oligo Nation and our mission of funding and support oligodendroglioma research.
A Facebook Fundraiser is driven by telling your story and asking for your community’s help. You can start a fundraiser in honor of a birthday, anniversary, or really any reason! Getting your story and message out to your family, friends, and community is a powerful and positive way to make a difference in your own life.
Here are some tips for making your Facebook Fundraiser a success:
- Share your story and connection to Oligo in the About section. Every person with an Oligo has a compelling and important story. We have made so much progress through the generosity of our friends and family at Oligo Nation. This support means a lot, and it really does make a difference.
- Make sure that your friends know about your Fundraiser by sharing Facebook posts. Feel free to post multiple times. It’s tough to get content seen in the Facebook Newsfeed, and your friends might have missed your post and don’t know about your Fundraiser.
- Post progress reports and keep your friends updated on what is happening. For example, “We have already raised $x and know we can make our goal, thanks to everyone that has supported me so far.” It is also helpful if your friends and family share your Fundraiser on their Facebook page. This gets your Fundraiser in front of a whole new community of people that can help!
- Countdown to the end of the fundraiser so people know how many days you have left to hit your goal. This is a great way to remind your friends and family what their support means to you. “We are X days away from my goal of raising $x for Oligo Nation. Please support me as I work to raise money to fund research.”
- As donations are made, post and share a “Thank-you,” and when your fundraiser ends, let your friends know about reaching your goal.
Thank you for all the support. Any questions? Reach out to Brock@oligonation.org